Castello Di Uviglie
About Castello di Uviglie
Castello di Uviglie is a small estate in Monferrato, Italy owned by Simone Lupano who, in 1992, re-launched the vine cultivation on the property. The Uviglie Castle rises on the hills to the east of Rosignano Monferrato at about 8 km. from Casale Monferrato. The Paucaparte di Celle family built it between 1239 and 1271 and in 1491 it passed to the Earls Pico-Gonzaga who started the agricultural activity. In 1820 the Earls Callori di Vignale inherited the castle and commenced the restructuring and refurbishment under the supervision of architect Arborio Mella.