About La Cappuccina
Since 1890, the Tessari family has been making wine at its La Cappuccina estate at Costalunga di Monteforte d’Alpone, in the Soave d.o.c. wine zone to the east of Verona – the romantic town of Romeo and Juliet – little more than an hour’s drive from Venice. The property takes its name from the artfully restored 16th century chapel, annexed to Villa BuriTessari – where Capuchin friars once worshipped – this is the property’s most striking architectural feature and whose silhouette is now the company’s logo. On the ninety-four acres of vineyards the vines grow lush amongst black lavic basalt rocks on the ninety-five acres of vineyards and the fine wines of La Cappuccina slowly mature.
The day-to-day running of the estate is now in our hands, the 4th generation: Sisto, agronomist graduated from the faculty of Agricultural Science in Padua and La Cappuccina’s representative on export markets; Pietro, oenologist with a diploma from the School of Winemaking at Conegliano; and Elena, with a degree in Economics and Business, responsible for marketing and public relations. Each of the three siblings inherited from father Lorenzo and grandfather Attilio Tessari, the passion and love for nature and the respect for the environment.
The Tessari family has decided, for even greater quality, to carry out all of the different phases of wine production – from the vine to the bottling line – according to organic precepts since 1985. La Cappuccina is now considered organic pioneers and regarded as one of the leading producers of organic wine in Italy.